April 2, 2016
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to our users. We collect both information that you give us and information that we get from your use of our services.
- Information you give us. Many of our services require you to register or create a user account. When you do, we may ask you for personal information like your name and email address. If you want to take full advantage of the services we offer, we might also ask you for additional information, which may include your phone number. We may also collect certain information that cannot be used by itself to identify you, such as a carrier name, terminal location, vehicle information or duty cycle rule. You may also choose to enter driving logs, upload documents into the Services, or exchange messages with other users through the services.
- Information from your use of our services. We collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This includes:
- Server Log information. When you use our services we may automatically collect and store certain information in our sever logs. Log information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our services, device type, the pages or features of our services to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, and the links on our services you clicked.
- Location Information. To provide location-based services, we may collect precise location information, including the real-time location of your device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, your IP address, or Wi-Fi or cell tower locations.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or anonymous identifiers which are small text files that we may send to your device.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Personal Information. We use your personal information for the following:
- To deliver the services to you that you order from us or for the transactions for which you gave us the information;
- To operate, develop, maintain, protect, and improve or services and for loss-prevention and anti-fraud purposes;
- To administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other users;
- To enable you to share your information and communicate with other users (e.g. fleet dispatchers);
- To send you notices, such as communications about our service or changes to our terms, conditions, or policies;
- To send you promotional communications through email or our services. You can opt out of these emails at any time;
- For our internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, reporting, security assessments, and research to improve our services or customer communications.
Non-Personal Information. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information and how we may use it:
- We use server log information to administer the services and we may analyze (and may use third parties, such as Google Analytics, to analyze) server log information to improve our services. We may use your IP address to generate aggregate, anonymized information about how our services are used.
- We may use location information to improve and personalize our services.
- We may use reviews and rating information you provide as part of an aggregated rating of locations and services.
Each person has different privacy concerns. We want to be clear about what information we collect and give you choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Access and modify the personal information associated with your account by changing your “account profile settings” on our site or application;
- Choose other users (e.g. fleet dispatchers, drivers, shippers and/ or logistics companies) with whom you wish to share your information;
- Change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. If you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the services.
- Delete all your personal information and your account, by contacting us at email@example.com with your request. We’ll take steps to delete your information as soon as practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Information You Share With Others
Many of our services let you share information with others, for example a fleet dispatcher, shipper or logistics services provider. Our services provide you with different options on sharing with others. In certain cases, you will be required to opt-in to these services and you may choose not to (or you may choose to opt-out)
Information We Share With Others
Personal Information. We will not share your personal information except as described below:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with individuals, companies, or organizations outside of Next Gauge, CDL Warrior, loadradar and other of the Company’s services when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that sharing the information is necessary to: (i) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable government request; (ii) enforce the applicable terms of service, including investigating possible violations; (iii) detect, prevent, or mitigate fraud, security, or other technical issues; (iv) protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, Next Gauge, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Non-personal information. We may share aggregated information and non-personally- identifying information with third parties for analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. We share your driving logs and documents only with your consent (e.g., with those users you choose to connect with on the services or share your user content with through the services).
We work hard to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use Amazon’s S3 storage service and Google Cloud Computing to store some of your information (for example, your documents). You can find more information on data security from the Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Computing sites. As no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
When you share your information with other users, you are responsible for the personal information you choose to share.
If you use our services or applications on a third-party device, your information may be downloaded and stored on that third-party device, which may render your information accessible to other users or administrators of that device.
If you reside outside the United States, we may transfer your personal information outside your country of residence to the United States. We may also transmit, transfer, or process your personal information through any country in the world as we consider necessary or appropriate.
Use of our services are limited to person who are 18 years of age. Our services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.